Food Poisoning Compensation

If you have contracted food poisoning, or suffered another, non-traumatic injury, you may still be able to claim compensation. Such cases normally arise were there has been formal travel. If you have been abroad on holiday and suffered from food poisoning or disease-related injury or loss, you may be able to claim compensation.

Food Poisoning Claim Awards

The level of compensation obviously depends on whether or not the illness is temporary or leads to a permanent or long standing complaint. The levels of compensation you might be able to expect are as follows:

£25,250 – £34,500

Severe toxicosis leading to severe pain, diarrhoea, sickness & vomiting and fever. In most cases, there will have been a period of hospitalisation for weeks or months. There will also need to be ongoing symptoms such as irritable bowel syndrome or incontinence and these will have had a detrimental effect on the life and work of the sufferer.

£6,300 – £12,600

This level of compensation will be awarded for relatively brief, but serious, episodes of food poisoning. Vomiting and diarrhoea will pass over a period of 2-4 weeks, but there will be ongoing disturbance of bowel function and enjoyment of life. If the symptoms are more severe, the court may make an award between the top of this bracket and the bottom of the one above.

£2,600 – £6,300

Food poisoning which causes significant discomfort, cramping, alternation of bowel function and fatigue. There must also be hospitalisation for a few weeks but complete recovery within a few year.

£600 – £2,600

The most minor cases. There will normally have been pain which lasts for a few weeks, accompanied by vomiting and diarrhoea.

Contact Our Food Poisoning Claim Lawyers for Leeds

If you or a loved one has suffered food poisoning and someone else is to blame, contact us today. Call us on 01132 234 466^ You can also contact us online by completing our enquiry form.

Start Your Personal Injury Claim Today

Contact Our Claim Managers Now