Chemical Injury Compensation

Some workplaces can be dangerous, and particularly those places of work where employees are regularly exposed to dangerous chemicals and corrosive or poisonous substances. If you are injured as a result of exposure to chemicals in the workplace, our specialist personal injury solicitors** based in Leeds may be able to help you make a claim for compensation.

Chemicals can affect the body in different ways – they can exist in solid, liquid or gaseous form, and can damage the skin, or be ingested or inhaled. Employers are required by law to protect employees from risks in the workplace, and to provide appropriate safety equipment and clothing, as well as labelling carefully any dangerous substances and providing clear training and indications about when to use the safety equipment. If you feel that your employer has been negligent in any of these areas then our Leeds lawyers will advise you on how to proceed, including what types of proof you may need to amass in order to prove negligence.

Workplace Injury Claims – Chemical Expousre

You may not necessarily need to work in a high risk environment or factory in order to suffer from chemical injury. Chemicals are present in nearly every workplace and can range from photocopier toner to fertiliser, to asbestos and medical products and drugs.

You may have been injured in an isolated incident, or developed illnesses after years of exposure (such as asbestosis). There are many different types of bodily injury and illness that chemicals can cause and many different types of compensation claim. Your compensation claim can cover two separate areas: the pain and suffering you have experienced, and any loss of earnings through inability to work connected with your injury (both before the incident/illness, and any projected loss of income following it). You will also be able to claim back any expenses you may have incurred as a result of the chemical injury or illness, such as medical bills, or travel and transport relating to a hospital stay. You must make sure you keep any evidence of your expenses and all medical and legal documentation including any correspondence with your employer. Our Leeds solicitors** will then be able to examine your case and advise you on the amount of compensation you may be entitled to.

Chemical Injury/Illness – Personal Injury Claims Lawyers Leeds

Call us on 01132 234 466 You can also contact us online by completing our enquiry form here.

Start Your Personal Injury Claim Today

Contact Our Panel Of Expert body Accident Claim Managers Now